Ruleta del Sueño

Por: Scott Kerrigan


You found me traveling at

The speed of light;

In words and pixels.

A game of red and black,

Blue and green también.


When it was time to put them out,

We promised to dream of each other.

You said “Dream of a wineyard…”

You meant “Sueña una viña, conmigo, por supuesto.”

The pidgin gloss pitches us beyond these premeditated pastures.


Your hand wafted overturned earth,

The sun sounded so far off;

It led me there through the dark.

Swathed in a picnic, time decanting

As if it were dangling on the vine.


“A steak, a salad,

para ti, para mi,

respectively.”

This is our only memory,

Which I forgot as soon as

The light found me again.


How about the usual place tonight?

If I could only remember where…

The penumbra of my mind?

The fire in my heart?

The wineyard of my soul.